Best areas and inexpensive accommodation to pick where to stay in Valencia if you are planning to visit this Mediterranean city.
💯 Read here our article on things to do in Valencia in 3 days.
There are many places to visit in Valencia that you will surely have to dedicate at least two or three days to. Strolling through the historic centre, visiting the City of Arts and Sciences, experiencing the Fallas festival and enjoying the beach are some of the activities you can do.
To help you rest comfortably after an intense day, we have listed the best places where to stay in Valencia, taking into account various areas so that you can be close to the main attractions, as well as accommodation options for all budgets.
📜 TABLE OF CONTENTS
Best areas to stay in Valencia
Whether they are close to the beach, the city centre or the nightlife, these are the best areas to stay in Valencia. Below you will find three options for each of them.
Meanwhile, here is the map with the suggested hotels in different colours according to the area mentioned.
- Hostels on a budget in blue.
- Valencia City Center in red.
- Ruzafa Quarter in green.
- Mestalla neighbourhood in yellow.
- Near City of Arts and Sciences in orange.
- El Campanar in purple.
- Close to Malvarrosa beach in black.
Where to stay in Valencia on a budget
With a wide range of options for accommodation in Valencia, you can find inexpensive hotels and shared-romm hostels in the heart of the city centre. If you’re hoping to save money, here are some budget-friendly alternatives.
- The River Hostel: Excellent location next to the Turia Garden and close to the Cathedral. Nicely decorated, with an amazing youthful atmosphere and shared and private rooms, all with shared bathrooms.
- Purple Nest Hostel: Great ambience with decorated walls, common areas with a bar and a rooftop terrace to enjoy. Vending machines are available.
- Colors Rooms: Run by its owners, it is a simple, clean and close to main Valencia’s attractions. The owners’ dedication to good service is noteworthy.
- Quart Youth Hostel & Apartments: Modern hotel with private rooms, shared rooms and flats. All rooms are spacious. Their affordable prices enable young families to choose this type of establishment for their stay in Valencia.
- Hulot B&B Valencia: Perfect location, rooftop terrace to relax on, and simple and clean private rooms. It has a shared kitchen if you want to cook your own food in the B&B.
💯 Read here our article on Walking Tours in Valencia.
Valencia Old Town, the perfect area
Ciutat Vella is one of the best areas to stay in Valencia if you want to be just a few metres from the Cathedral or the Town Hall square. It is also full of restaurants and cafes where you can stop for a break or a good paella.
Our recommendations for where to stay in the Ciutat Vella area of Valencia are:
- Hostal Antigua Morellana: Simple and good value hostel, just 300 metres from the Cathedral. Clean rooms and very good attention from the staff. Ideal if you are travelling on a budget.
- Venecia Plaza Centro: Just in front of the Town Hall square, it has an elegant decoration and an excellent quality-price ratio. Ideal for families or couples.
- Vincci Lys: 4-stars with spacious common areas where the protagonist is the fine decoration and stylish furniture. Very comfortable rooms and buffet breakfast for the most demanding guests. Ideal for couples.
Mestalla area, where to stay in Valencia
Mestalla is the neighbourhood where Valencia’s stadium is located. Also it’s well connected to the metro line and within walking distance from Turia gardens. It is a quiet area to stay in with a lot of student life.
Our recommendations for where to stay in Mestalla are as follows:
- Hostal Palacios: Double and family rooms on Blasco Ibañez avenue, one of the main arteries of the city.
- The Westin Valencia: Elegance summed up in one place. Art Deco style rooms, spa, fitness centre and a large garden to sit and have a drink.
- Silken Puerta Valencia: Open-air terrace, modern and spacious rooms. Just 1 minute from the City of Sciences and Arts.
Near the City of Arts and Sciences
The City of Arts and Sciences is the impressive work of the architect Santiago Calatrava and is located next to the Turia Gardens. Nearby you can also visit the Reina Sofia Arts Palace, the “Fallas” Museum and the Gulliver Park.
Our recommendations for where to sleep in Valencia, near the City of Arts and Sciences are as follows:
- Rooms Ciencias: Very good value for money. Just 300 metres from the City of Arts and Sciences. The accommodation has a restaurant and serves continental breakfast.
- NH Valencia Las Ciencias: Spacious rooms, a varied breakfast to start the day and modern and comfortable facilities.
- Hotel Valencia Center: A four-star hotel with all the amenities you need: sauna, gym and outdoor swimming pool. Rooms with elegant details.
Campanar area, not so touristic but residential
It isn’t one of the most touristic areas, but this residential quarter has excellent connectivity with Valencia city centre. It is also a few meters away from one of the sectors of the Turia Garden.
Our recommendations for sleeping in Campanar neighbourhood are as follows:
- NH Valencia Center: Located opposite Valencia’s Botanical Gardens and a shopping centre. The hotel has a gym, sauna and a rooftop terrace with a swimming pool to enjoy all year round.
- Ilunion Valencia 4: Modern, colourful, with an outdoor pool, buffet breakfast and restaurant. Rooms with warm tones and lots of comfort.
- Hotel Kramer: Close to Valencia bus station and a shopping centre. This accommodation has everything you need and an excellent service from the staff.
Malvarrosa beach, best place to sleep in Valencia in summer
Finally, and especially if you travel in summer, one of the best places to sleep in Valencia is near the city’s busiest beach, Malvarrosa. Here you can stroll along the promenade, and enjoy the sun and sea.
Our recommendations for sleeping on Malvarrosa beach are as follows:
- Sol Playa: Beachfront and only 100 metres from the city’s port, where there are bars and restaurants to eat. Excellent value for money.
- El Coso: Rooms with sea views over the promenade. It has a restaurant with excellent dishes and very good service from the hotel staff.
- Las Arenas Balneario Resort: Quality and luxury. This five-star hotel is perfect. Large garden, spa, two swimming pools and rooms with balconies on the beachfront.
🏨 Need more options? Check these hotels in Valencia.
Discounts and useful resources to save on your trip
- Cheap flights with Skyscanner
- Rent a car with Auto Europe
- Interrail Pass
- Eurail Pass
- Train Tickets with OMIO
- Bus tickets with OMIO
- Ferry tickets with OMIO
- Asia tickets with 12Go
Activities and Tours
Others for your trip
For your travel blog
- 10 of the Most Beautiful Villages of Castellón, Spain
- Best 10 Things to Do in Costa Blanca
- Best Campsites in the Valencian Community, and Enjoy Nature!
- Best Things to Do in Alicante in 2 Days (Or More)
- Best Things to Do in Cullera in 1 Day (Besides the Beach)
- Best Things to Do in Denia in 1 Day to Enjoy in Family
- Best Things to Do in Morella in 1 Day
- Best Things to Do in PEñiscola in 1 Day
- Best Things to Do in Valencia in 3 Days (By a Local)
- Best Things to Do in Villajoyosa in 1 Day
- Day Trips From Valencia: Best 5 Tours in English
- Route Through the Best Towns Near Alicante
- Things to Do in Altea in 1 Day and With Kids
- Things to Do in Calpe With Kids Besides Its Rock
- Things to Do in Gandía and Playa de Gandía, Our Home
- Visit Albufera Natural Park Near Valencia
- Visit Tabarca Island: How to Get There and What to See
- Walking Tours in Valencia, 5 Best Free Guided Visits