Looking where to stay in Dubrovnik? We recommend you the best places and areas to stay, from apartments and budget hotels to places with sea view.
If we talk about visiting Croatia, then we must mention the city of Dubrovnik. Or more precisely its old town, one of the most beautiful in Europe as it is surrounded by walls, on the shores of the Adriatic and completely pedestrianized with no vehicular traffic inside.
In the old town of Dubrovnik, you can stroll through narrow streets full of shops, restaurants, and bars. But also one of the best plans is to walk along the walls to see the historic buildings with their orange roofs from above, and watch magnificent sunsets.
To rest after a long day touring the city, we recommend the following places to sleep in Dubrovnik, designed to your comfort and taking care of your pocket.
📜 TABLE OF CONTENTS
Where to stay in Dubrovnik Old Town
To be close to the main attractions to see in Dubrovnik, sleep within the old town, in the walled area. Of course, prices in this area are usually the most expensive and in summer availability is scarce if you do not book in advance.
Our recommendations to sleep in Dubrovnik’s Old Town are as follows:
- Guesthouse Rustico: operates in a 14th century fully restored building. Elegantly decorated rooms still show the original stone.
- Hostel Angelina Old Town: one of the cheapest options inside the city walls. Both private and shared rooms have shared bathrooms. Good service and cleanliness.
- Villa Sigurata II: small hotel with few rooms but a spectacular service from the owners. Excellent cleanliness and lot of charm in the facilities.
- Dubrovnik Luxury Apartments: tastefully decorated apartments perfect for couples and families. They have kitchen, air conditioning and cable TV.
- Guest House Forty-Four: in the heart of the old town, superior guest house with restaurant and terrace. Breakfast is varied and very tasty.
Hotels overlooking the sea in Dubrovnik
Outside the walls are many beaches that can be enjoyed, as Banje beach or Sveti Jakov. Due to the slopes of the terrain, there are many places to sleep in Dubrovnik that have sea views on both sides of the Old Town.
Waking up looking at the Adriatic and the walled center is something unique, so we recommend the following accommodations with sea view in Dubrovnik:
- 87 Stairs Apartments: apartments just 500 meters from the Old Town, modern, spacious and self-catering. They have a terrace with fabulous views of the walled center and the Adriatic Sea.
- Hotel Adria: close to the city’s port, it’s in an elevated area with stunning views of the Elafiti islands and the bay of Lapad. It has a restaurant, swimming pool and bar.
- Hotel Excelsior: luxury accommodation on the beachfront of Banje beach and within walking distance of the walled center. Restaurants, spa, and views both from the room and from the common areas.
- Apartments Villa Ankora: modern apartments with lots of light, kitchen and outdoor pool. Sea views from the balcony and excellent service from the hosts.
- Suncana Apartments: 10 minutes walk to the old town and 5 minutes to the beach, great location. Spacious, modern apartments with lots of comfort.
Where to stay in Dubrovnik outside the Old Town
Beyond the old town surrounded by the city walls, Dubrovnik is bigger, and you have other places to stay, usually more affordable than being in the center. Lapad peninsula, the area of Gruz port and the beach of Banje are examples of nice places just meters from the sea and quieter.
Our recommendations for sleeping outside and far from Dubrovnik Old Town are as follows:
- Hostel 365 For U: good budget option to stay outside Dubrovnik old town, a 15-minute walk away. Modern, with new facilities and simple private and shared rooms.
- Hotel Lero: just a mile from the walled area, modern accommodation with spacious rooms and outdoor pool. Excellent breakfast buffet.
- Apartment Ivka: not a hotel but private apartments with full kitchen, balcony and beautiful views of the garden, warmly attended by its owners.
- Royal Neptun Hotel: on Lapad peninsula and a little further away from the old town, it is a modern hotel, ideal for relaxing away from the noise and in contact with the sea. It has a swimming pool, bar and spa.
- Apartments & Rooms Rose: excellent location both to the old town and to Banje beach. Terrace with views, a lot of comfort and good price.
🏨 Need more options? Check these hotels in Dubrovnik.
Buy your travel insurance and travel safe!
🚑 Take a look at these tips for choosing the best travel insurance (updated to 2023 and with juicy discounts) for the type of traveller you are, and they will also help you clear up the most common doubts. Travel safe!
Discounts and useful resources to save on your trip
- Cheap flights with Skyscanner
- Rent a car with Auto Europe
- Interrail Pass
- Eurail Pass
- Train Tickets with OMIO
- Bus tickets with OMIO
- Ferry tickets with OMIO
- Asia tickets with 12Go
Activities and Tours
Others for your trip
For your travel blog
- 7 Days in Croatia Itinerary, a Memorable Trip!
- Best Things to Do in Dubrovnik in 1 Day
- Best Things to Do in Split in 2 Days
- Best Things to Do in Zagreb in 2 Days
- Croatia Road Trip 10 Days Itinerary
- Croatia Travel Guide, Itinerary and Tips
- Things to Do in Istria, the Best Road Trip
- Things to Do in Zadar in One Day, All Info
- Visiting Plitvice Lakes, a Complete Guide
- Where to Stay In Split, the Best Areas