Where to stay in Bariloche: the best areas to sleep, where to stay in budget hotels and irresistible cabins. We tell you all about it in this article.
It is one of the top destinations in Patagonia Argentina, since the activities to do in Bariloche are very varied both in summer and winter. From the ski centers such as Cerro Catedral, to the Circuito Chico tour, the excursions around Lake Nahuel Huapi, the 7 lakes route and even trekking in the mountains.
If you are looking for accommodation in Bariloche we show you the best areas, budget hotels in the city and dream cabins overlooking the lake.
Don’t miss our article on things to do in Bariloche which is super complete.
📜 TABLE OF CONTENTS
Economic lodging in Bariloche
If you are looking for inexpensive hotels and inns in Bariloche, then head for the downtown area.
For young people going as a couple or backpackers to Bariloche an economical lodging is Universal Traveller’s Hostel, with private and shared rooms, swimming pool and garden.
Close to the civic center, El Korú Residence is an excellent option for not spending too much on lodging in Bariloche. Simple, clean rooms and excellent attention from the owners.
La Hosteria Le Charme is only 200 meters from Bustillo Avenue and close to Otto Hill and downtown. It offers spacious, family rooms with excellent value for money.
Only five minutes from the civic center, Trip Bariloche has a shared kitchen, clean rooms and buffet breakfast included. Its price is among the most economical options for lodging in Bariloche.
Where to stay in Bariloche, irresistible cabins
One of the most sought after accommodations in Bariloche are the cabins, surrounded by a natural environment. In Bariloche, the alternatives are varied, mainly concentrated in the vicinity of Lake Nahuel Huapi.
The cabin complex Las Gaviotas is located on Bustillo Avenue on the shore of Nahuel Huapi Lake. Its large windows with views and the balcony invite to complete relaxation.
Kurtem Lodge are picturesque cabins a few meters from the ski resort of Cerro Catedral. Mountain views, full kitchen and cable TV.
If you are looking for cabins in Bariloche, Tierra Sureña is in Circuito Chico, surrounded by a large garden and nature in its purest state. It offers cabins for two, four or six people.
If you want total comfort, we recommend Pailahue Lodge Cabins. The lodge, facing the lake with indoor pool, gym, barbecue, playground and spa, with splendid panoramic views of Lake Nahuel Huapi.
🔝 Check out these recommendations for the best tours in Bariloche.
Best areas to look for accommodation in Bariloche
These are the best areas to choose where to sleep in Bariloche and its surroundings. Some of them, it is better to have your own car or a rental car, since they are far from the center. There are also options to sleep in Cerro Catedral (both in winter and summer), we did not include it in this article but you can look there as well.
🚗 Search here for car rentals in Bariloche.
– Where to stay in Bariloche in the city center
There is a wide range of accommodation in Bariloche in the center of the city to suit all budgets. Hotels on the shores of Lake Nahuel Huapi, in the upper part of the city and in the vicinity of craft breweries, pubs and the Mitre shopping street. If you don’t have a car to travel, then this is the best area to look for lodging in Bariloche.
Three accommodations that we recommend for sleeping in downtown Bariloche are the following:
- Periko’s Youth Hostel: one of the best hostels in Bariloche, with the possibility of private or shared rooms. In the center and close to the breweries and bars, it has a garden, shared kitchen and barbecue for common use.
- Hotel Tres Reyes: a classic three-star hotel facing the lake. Rooms with views, breakfast included, good cleanliness and close to all downtown attractions.
- Apartments URBANA SUITES & STUDIOS 440: if you want more privacy, these apartments are modern and spacious and are located a few meters from the Civic Center. Excellent attention from the managers.
– Where to stay in Bariloche on the Nahuel Huapi Lake
Bustillo Avenue is the artery that runs along the shore of Nahuel Huapi Lake from downtown Bariloche to Circuito Chico. There are many cabins with a beautiful view of the lake and large windows, to live a dream vacation.
Our recommendations for sleeping in Bariloche on Lake Nahuel Huapi are as follows:
- Antu Kuyen Inn: rooms and modern apartment, 20 meters from the lake shore. Very nice decoration, common areas with fireplace and excellent breakfast with homemade products.
- El Viejo Cipres: near Otto Hill, cabins with all the comfort to spend an excellent stay. Equipped kitchen, brightness and grills available.
- Los Arrayanes Complex: cabins for 3 and 6 people a few meters from the Bonita beach. Large garden and bus stop 20 meters away to go to the city center.
– Where to stay in Bariloche in Circuito Chico
Who doesn’t want to enjoy high snow-capped mountains, lakes and spectacular nature? If you stay at Circuito Chico then you will get all this to completely disconnect and be dazzled by the Patagonian landscapes every morning. However, we recommend having a car if you plan to sleep in the area.
Our recommendations for sleeping in Circuito Chico are the following:
- Gran Hotel Panamericano: a reference hotel in the area, excellent location surrounded by woods and lots of green, meters away from the lake. Restaurant, common area with very nice views.
- Hosteria Katy: surrounded by a large garden and orchard, the owners make you feel at home. Super homemade breakfast and waking up to the sound of birds is priceless.
- Boutique Hotel & Spa Bosque del Nahuel: ideal for demanding guests, it is an accommodation where comfort is assured. Modern facilities, spa for complete relaxation and beautiful natural surroundings.
– Where to stay in Bariloche in Dina Huapi area
The Dina Huapi area has grown a lot lately, but it is still a very quiet place to stay near Bariloche and avoid the chaos of downtown in high season. Located a few kilometers before reaching Bariloche, it offers lodging on the shores of Lake Nahuel Huapi, economic prices and a lot of tranquility. It is also essential to have a car to stay here.
Our recommendations for sleeping in Dina Huapi are the following:
- Villa Huapi: fully equipped modern apartments in front of the lake, with a dreamlike swimming pool and a lot of tranquility to enjoy with your partner or family.
- Apart Samay Hue Bungalows: cabins surrounded by a garden with a heated swimming pool with hydromassage. Excellent attention from the owners.
🏨 Do you want to look for other options? Find here the best hotels in Bariloche with Booking.
If you are traveling to other places in Patagonia, we recommend that you take a look at our complete article on things to do in Patagonia Argentina.
Discounts and useful resources to save on your trip
- Cheap flights with Skyscanner
- Rent a car with Auto Europe
- Interrail Pass
- Eurail Pass
- Train Tickets with OMIO
- Bus tickets with OMIO
- Ferry tickets with OMIO
- Asia tickets with 12Go
Activities and Tours
– Comparison of Travel Insurance 2023 –
Others for your trip
For your travel blog
- Hosting with Webempresa
(25% discount with the code “gracias25”)
- Web translation plugin with WPML
More articles on Bariloche and Patagonia Argentina
- 10 Things to Do in Trelew and Surroundings
- 12 Things to Do in Ushuaia, at the End of the World
- 17 Best Places to Visit in Patagonia Argentina (Must-See + Map)
- 7 Things to Do in Bariloche in Summer
- 8 Things to Do in San Martín de Los Andes
- Bariloche in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- Best Beaches in Southern Argentina
- Best Hotels in El Calafate: Where to Stay
- El Calafate in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- El Chaltén in 3 Days, Travel Itinerary
- Guide to the Best Trekkings in El Chaltén
- How to Do the Route of the 7 Lakes in Patagonia Argentina
- How to Get From Bariloche Airport to the Center of the City
- How to Get From El Calafate Airport to the City
- How to get from Ushuaia airport to downtown
- Perito Moreno Glacier: How to Get There and Things to Do
- The Best Things to Do in Villa la Angostura
- The Best Tours in Bariloche
- The Best Tours in San Martin de Los Andes
- The Best Tours in Ushuaia: Mountains, Lakes, Sailing and More
- Things to Do in Bariloche: The Best Activities
- Things to Do in El Bolsón in One Day (And Lago Puelo)
- Things to Do in El Calafate, Glaciers and Much More
- Things to Do in Esquel in 2 or 3 Days (And in Trevelin)
- Things to Do in Las Grutas Argentina, Beach and Surroundings
- Things to Do in Puerto Madryn: Sea, Whales and More
- Upsala Glacier Tour and Other Glaciers
- Ushuaia in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- Where to Go on Summer Holidays in Patagonia
- Where to Stay in San Martín de Los Andes
- Where to Stay in Ushuaia, the Best Options
- Where to Stay in Villa la Angostura, the Best Options
Leave a Reply