The best tours in San Martin de los Andes and enjoy the beauty of nature with mountains, lakes and scenic routes.
If you are planning to visit San Martín de los Andes, then you cannot miss these excursions in the surroundings. The Patagonian landscape will surely leave you with your mouth open.
🔝 See also these recommendations for excursions from Bariloche and don’t miss anything!
Let’s discover the excursions to do in San Martín de los Andes during the day.
📜 TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Excursions to do in San Martín de los Andes: visit the Lanín Volcano.
Nestled in the middle of the Andes Mountains, on the border between Chile and Argentina, the Lanin volcano stands out on the horizon for its height and its always snow-capped peak. In this excursion from San Martín de los Andes, you will first visit the center of the city of Junín de los Andes, the Huechulafquen Lake and finally the impressive views of the Lanín Volcano in the National Park of the same name.
- Book here the excursion from San Martín de los Andes to Lanín Volcano.
2. The 7 Lakes Road and Villa la Angostura from San Martín de los Andes.
One of the most beautiful scenic routes in Argentina, the 7 Lakes Road from San Martin de los Andes to Villa La Angostura. With dreamlike landscapes you will border a zigzagging mountain route along the Machónico, Falkner, Villarino, Escondido, Correntoso, Espejo and Nahuel Huapi lakes until you reach the city of Villa La Angostura, where you will visit the center and Puerto Manzano, on the shores of Lake Nahuel Huapi.
3. Excursion from San Martín de los Andes to Villa Pehuenia.
At the foot of the Andes Mountains and on the shores of Lake Aluminé, the beautiful village of Villa Pehuenia will surely enchant you. Surrounded by araucaria forests, the tour begins with a short walk along the edge of the crater of the Batea Mahuida volcano to contemplate the views of the surroundings. Then you will walk around the town of Villa Pehuenia and the edge of the Aluminé and Moquehue lakes to return to San Martín de los Andes in the day.
- Book here the excursion from San Martín de los Andes to Villa Pehuenia.
4. Excursion to Villa Quila Quina
Touring the sites and small corners on the shore of Lake Lácar is one of the things you have to do in San Martín de los Andes. With this excursion you will visit the beautiful backwater of Villa Quila Quina inside the Lanin National Park, and one of the Mapuche communitiesthat live in the area, the Churruhuinca, who will teach us their customs and way of life.
- Book here the excursion to Villa Quila Quina and Mapuche community.
5. Excursion to the Yuco Peninsula in San Martin de los Andes.
One of the best excursions from San Martín de los Andes to do. This tour borders Lake Lácar along Route 48 until reaching the Trompul spot inhabited by a Mapuche community. Afterwards, you will reach the Yuco peninsula to see the natural environment and the small bays of volcanic sand, to finish with a short trek to the Chachin waterfall with its impressive waterfall.
- Book here the excursion to the Yuco Peninsula and Chachin waterfall.
6. Excursion to Villa Meliquina and Hua Hum lake.
You will visit Villa Meliquina on the shores of the lake of the same name, surrounded by forests and beautiful landscapes. Along the zigzagging Route 63 you will reach the Cordoba pass to contemplate the views. You will also walk along the edge of Hua Hum Lake.
- Book here the excursion to Villa Meliquina and Hua Hum lake.
Discounts and useful resources to save on your trip
- Cheap flights with Skyscanner
- Rent a car with Auto Europe
- Interrail Pass
- Eurail Pass
- Train Tickets with OMIO
- Bus tickets with OMIO
- Ferry tickets with OMIO
- Asia tickets with 12Go
Activities and Tours
Others for your trip
For your travel blog
More articles about Patagonia Argentina
- 10 Things to Do in Trelew and Surroundings
- 12 Things to Do in Ushuaia, at the End of the World
- 17 Best Places to Visit in Patagonia Argentina (Must-See + Map)
- 7 Things to Do in Bariloche in Summer
- 8 Things to Do in San Martín de Los Andes
- Bariloche in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- Best Beaches in Southern Argentina
- Best Hotels in El Calafate: Where to Stay
- El Calafate in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- El Chaltén in 3 Days, Travel Itinerary
- Guide to the Best Trekkings in El Chaltén
- How to Do the Route of the 7 Lakes in Patagonia Argentina
- How to Get From Bariloche Airport to the Center of the City
- How to Get From El Calafate Airport to the City
- How to get from Ushuaia airport to downtown
- Perito Moreno Glacier: How to Get There and Things to Do
- The Best Things to Do in Villa la Angostura
- The Best Tours in Bariloche
- The Best Tours in Ushuaia: Mountains, Lakes, Sailing and More
- Things to Do in Bariloche: The Best Activities
- Things to Do in El Bolsón in One Day (And Lago Puelo)
- Things to Do in El Calafate, Glaciers and Much More
- Things to Do in Esquel in 2 or 3 Days (And in Trevelin)
- Things to Do in Las Grutas Argentina, Beach and Surroundings
- Things to Do in Puerto Madryn: Sea, Whales and More
- Upsala Glacier Tour and Other Glaciers
- Ushuaia in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- Where to Go on Summer Holidays in Patagonia
- Where to Stay In Bariloche: Cabins and Hotels
- Where to Stay in San Martín de Los Andes
- Where to Stay in Ushuaia, the Best Options
- Where to Stay in Villa la Angostura, the Best Options