Land of sun and good wine, the province of Cuyo has some impressive landscapes to discover. We present the best torurs in Mendoza Argentina to do in a day from the capital city.
With the imposing Andes Mountains as a backdrop, the Aconcagua that seems to reach the sky, many wineries to visit and natural attractions everywhere, the province has gained many followers in recent years.
So that you can visit the main tourist attractions from the capital, we list the best excursions in Mendoza so that you don’t miss anything.
🔝 Take a look at this article with all the things to do if you are going to visit Mendoza city and surroundings.
1. High mountain excursions in the Andes in Mendoza
One of the best tours in Mendoza Argentina is to travel along Route 7, bordering high mountains up to the border with Chile. With this high mountain tour through the Andes you will visit the Potrerillos dam, the town of Uspallata, the emblematic Puente del Inca, the viewpoint of Mount Aconcagua. Finally, we will make an impressive ascent to the Cristo Redentor, located between the border of Chile and Argentina and with spectacular views of the Andes Mountains.
- Book here the tour in Mendoza through the Andes.
🔝 Check out these recommendations on things to do in Uspallata.
2. Tour of vineyards and wineries
On this tour from Mendoza, you will get to know one of the province’s strongest products, wine production. Accompanied by an expert sommelier, you will visit two of the most important wineries in the province to learn about the winemaking process, tour the vineyards and taste two of the varieties produced. In addition, the excursion will be complemented with a visit to an olive grove.
- Book here the tour from Mendoza through vineyards and wineries.
3. Excursion to the Atuel Canyon and Valle Grande.
Ready for a day in the middle of nature? One of the best tours in Mendoza Argentina is to get to the outskirts of the city of San Rafael, to visit the Valle Grande reservoir and the Atuel River Canyon. You will see the curious rock formations produced by erosion and one of the most beautiful landscapes in the province of Mendoza.
- Book here the excursion to the Atuel river canyon.
🔝 Discover all there is to do around the Atuel Canyon in this article about things to do in San Rafael Mendoza.
4. Excursions in Mendoza: to Potrerillos and Cacheuta
Leaving from Mendoza city along route 82 and bordering the Mendoza River, you will reach the small town of Cacheuta, famous for its thermal water complex. Then you will go through the majestic Cacheuta tunnel to see the Potrerillos dam and the great lake surrounded by mountains. Finally, a visit to the Gran Hotel de Potrerillos on the shores of the lake.
- Book here the excursion to Cacheuta and Potrerillos.
5. Excursion to the Villavicencio Reserve
One of the best excursions in Mendoza is to visit the Villavicencio Reserve. On this tour you will visit the interpretation center to learn more about the flora and fauna of the place and you will enter the beautiful gardens of the emblematic Hotel Termas de Villavicencio. Finally, a winding ascent to 3000 meters of altitude awaits you on the so-called “Ruta de los Caracoles“.
- Book here the excursion to the Villavicencio Reserve.
🔝 Check out this route through Mendoza and San Juan, itineraries of 1 and 2 weeks to travel these provinces by car.
6. Excursion to Aconcagua Provincial Park
Visiting Mount Aconcagua up close is one of the greatest attractions to see in Mendoza. This tour takes you to the Aconcagua Provincial Park for a trekking route of low physical difficulty and admire the views of the highest mountain in America. During the tour you will be able to contemplate the Horcones Lagoon and the entire mountainous environment that surrounds the park. In addition, a picnic with empanadas, fruits, alfajores and, of course, wine from Mendoza awaits you.
- Book here the excursion to Aconcagua Provincial Park.
Discounts and useful resources to save on your trip
- Cheap flights with Skyscanner
- Rent a car with Auto Europe
- Interrail Pass
- Eurail Pass
- Train Tickets with OMIO
- Bus tickets with OMIO
- Ferry tickets with OMIO
- Asia tickets with 12Go
Activities and Tours
Others for your trip
For your travel blog
More articles about Mendoza and the Cuyo area
- 10 Things to Do in Uspallata, the Gateway to Aconcagua
- How to Get From Mendoza Airport to Downtown
- Mendoza travel itinerary in 5 Days, trekkings and nature
- Road Trip Through Mendoza and San Juan (+Map)
- The Best Trekkings in Aconcagua Provincial Park
- Things to do in Calingasta Valley, San Juan Argentina
- Things to Do in Mendoza City and Surroundings
- Things to Do in San Juan Argentina, Sunny Destination
- Things to Do in San Rafael Mendoza, 14 Places to Enjoy
- Visit Ischigualasto, the Valley of the Moon in San Juan
- Where to Stay in Mendoza, the Best Hotels and Cabins