Are you going to travel to the End of the World? Then you will probably arrive in the city by plane. To make it easier for you, in this article we tell you the different ways to get from Ushuaia airport to downtown.
To get to the city at the End of the World there are three options: by land, crossing the Strait of Magellan and making part of the way through Chile, through the Beagle Channel by cruise ship, or the most common by plane.
The airlines that fly to Ushuaia are Aerolineas Argentinas, Flybondi and JetSmart, the latter two being low cost airlines. There are regular flights from Buenos Aires and El Calafate, and at least once a week from Cordoba and Trelew.
✈️ Search here for cheap flights to Ushuaia.
You must be attentive to the arrival in Ushuaia, as the scenery you see from the window of the plane is fantastic. There is a perfect panoramic view of the city with the Beagle Channel and the mountains that are almost next to the city.
If you travel to Ushuaia in winter, you will see most of the places covered in white due to snowfall, something very frequent due to the geographical location of the city.
🔝 Want to see all there is to do in the city? Check out this complete article about things to do in Ushuaia.
Once the plane lands, there are different options on how to get from Ushuaia airport to downtown Ushuaia, which we will tell you about below.
Transfer from Ushuaia airport to downtown
It is the most comfortable way to get from Ushuaia airport to downtown. If several people or groups are traveling, it is the most convenient because the transfer is by vehicle or minibus, in a safe way. This way, you will save money by sharing the transfer from Ushuaia airport.
The drive to the center, where the hotels are located, is only about fifteen minutes.
📷 Book your transfer from Ushuaia airport to downtown here.
Traveling by public transport from Ushuaia airport to downtown
Despite being only five kilometers from the center, there is currently no public transportation from the airport.
Cab or remis Ushuaia airport
There are remis and cab companies permanently available at the Ushuaia airport to make the trip you require. Cab fares at Ushuaia airport in 2022 are metered and start at 800 Argentine pesos.
Car rental in Ushuaia
The Ushuaia airport has numerous car rental companies, a good idea if you want to explore the city and the surrounding area on your own. Companies such as Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Localiza, Budget and others have offices at the airport.
🚗 Search here for the best car rental prices; and travel at your own pace!
Practical information for travel to Ushuaia
If you are looking for where to stay in Ushuaia, excursions to do in the city and how to get from the airport to the city center, we leave you with articles with useful information on these topics.
- Door to door transfers, to and from the airport and your hotel. Perfect if you are traveling in a group or family, with lots of luggage, do not want to change money at the airport and want to travel comfortably and quietly.
- Where to stay in Ushuaia: recommended accommodations.
- Rent a car to tour Ushuaia on your own.
- Excursions in Ushuaia: in addition to the excursions already mentioned throughout the article and the Free Tours, check these pages for the best experiences for your trip:
Excursions in Civitatis.
Excursions in Get Your Guide.
Discounts and useful resources to save on your trip
- Cheap flights with Skyscanner
- Rent a car with RentalCars
- Train, Bus and Ferry tickets for Europe with OMIO
- Interrail and Eurail Passes with RailEurope 🚆.
- Passages through Asia with 12Go
Activities and Tours
More articles about Patagonia Argentina
- 10 Things to Do in Puerto Madryn: Sea, Whales and More
- 10 Things to Do in Trelew and Surroundings
- 11 Best Beaches in Southern Argentina
- 12 Things to Do in Ushuaia, at the End of the World
- 14 things to DO in EL CALAFATE
- 17 Best Places to Visit in Patagonia Argentina (Must-See + Map)
- 7 Best Things to Do in Villa la Angostura
- 7 Things to Do in Bariloche in Summer
- 8 Things to Do in Las Grutas Argentina
- 8 Things to Do in San Martín de Los Andes
- 9 Things to Do in Bariloche: The Best Activities
- Bariloche in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- Best Hotels in El Calafate: Where to Stay
- EL CALAFATE in 4 DAYS, travel itinerary
- El Chaltén in 3 Days, Travel Itinerary
- Guide to the Best Trekkings in El Chaltén
- How to Do the Route of the 7 Lakes in Patagonia Argentina
- How to Get From Bariloche Airport to the Center of the City
- How to Get From El Calafate Airport to the City
- Perito Moreno Glacier: How to Get There and Things to Do
- The Best Tours in Bariloche
- The Best Tours in San Martin de Los Andes
- The Best Tours in Ushuaia: Mountains, Lakes, Sailing and More
- Things to Do in El Bolsón in One Day (And Lago Puelo)
- Things to Do in Esquel in 2 or 3 Days (And in Trevelin)
- Upsala Glacier Tour and Other Glaciers
- Ushuaia in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- Where to Go on Summer Holidays in Patagonia
- Where to Stay In Bariloche: Cabins and Hotels
- Where to Stay in San Martín de Los Andes
- Where to Stay in Ushuaia, the Best Options
- Where to Stay in Villa la Angostura, the Best Options