The different alternatives of how to get from Salta airport to downtown: from the most economical to the most comfortable and private.
Salta airport receives mostly domestic flights from Buenos Aires, Mendoza, Rosario, Resistencia, Cordoba, Bariloche, Mendoza, Tucuman and Neuquen. It also operates some international flights such as to Sao Paulo, Brazil.
The airlines that fly to Salta are Aerolineas Argentinas, Flybondi and JetSmart.
Salta’s airport is located about 12 kilometers from the city center, and depending on the traffic on the day and time you arrive in Salta, the trip usually takes a maximum of half an hour.
✈️ Search here for cheap flights to Salta.
Below we will tell you about the different alternatives on how to get from Salta airport to downtown.
🔝 Check out this article on things to do in Salta in two or three days.
📜 TABLE OF CONTENTS
Traveling by public transportation from Salta airport to downtown
The only bus line that runs from Salta airport to downtown is the 8A (take the one that says direction Av. Kennedy – El Aybal Neighborhood). However, it should be noted that the bus does not enter the airport, but you have to get out and walk about 650 meters to the bus stop, located at the traffic circle on Route 51.
Line 8A makes stops at the bus terminal until it reaches downtown, where it has another stop near Plaza 9 de Julio. The price of the bill is 51 pesos (0.20 dollars) in November 2022.
It should be noted that the only way to pay the bus fare is the SAETA card, used for public transportation in the province of Salta. For the time being, the SUBE card is not valid in this province.
How to get from Salta Airport to Jujuy (Tilcara, Humahuaca or San Salvador)
Unless you negotiate a private transfer from Salta airport to Jujuy province or rent a car, there is no direct option from Salta airport.
The alternative is to go to the bus terminal in Salta (line 8A leaves you right at the door) and make the trip with the transport company Balut to San Salvador de Jujuy, Tilcara, Humahuaca or even La Quiaca. It usually has about three daily frequencies.
🏨 Find here the best hotels in Salta city with recommendations.
Transfer from Salta airport to downtown
The private transfer from Salta airport to downtown Salta is ideal if you are traveling with family or friends as it allows you to book from a 3-seater car to an 8-seater minibus. This is the most comfortable option since a driver will be waiting for you at the airport to take you to the indicated point.
In addition, it does not have to be the most expensive, especially if the trip is made by several people.
📷 Book your transfer from Salta airport to downtown or hotel here.
How to get from Salta airport to downtown: cab or remis
Cabs and remises are other means of transportation available to go from Salta airport to downtown, with a maximum capacity of four people. The cab fare from Salta airport to downtown is around 1600 Argentine pesos in November 2022 (about six dollars).
Car rental in Salta
Salta’s airport has several car rental facilities. The main international car rental companies such as Sixt, Hertz, Localiza, Budget, Europcar operate.
It is an excellent means of transportation to tour the province of Salta and travel north to the province of Jujuy.
🚗 Search here for the best car rental prices; and travel at your own pace!
Discounts and useful resources to save on your trip
- Cheap flights with Skyscanner
- Rent a car with Auto Europe
- Interrail Pass
- Eurail Pass
- Train Tickets with OMIO
- Bus tickets with OMIO
- Ferry tickets with OMIO
- Asia tickets with 12Go
Activities and Tours
– Comparison of Travel Insurance 2023 –
Others for your trip
For your travel blog
- Hosting with Webempresa
(25% discount with the code “gracias25”)
- Web translation plugin with WPML
More articles about Northwest Argentina
- 14 Things to Do Around Salta, Not to Be Missed!
- 7 Best Things to Do in Catamarca Argentina
- Adobe Route in Catamarca, a Trip Back in Time
- Best 7 Things to Do in Chilecito La Rioja Argentina
- The Best Things to Do in Jujuy, a Province Full of Color
- The Best Things to Do in La Rioja Argentina in 3 Days
- Things to Do in Brava Lagoon and Surroundings
- Things to Do in Cachi and Route 33 From Salta
- Things to Do in Cafayate, Between Vineyards and Ravines
- Things to Do in Fiambalá Catamarca, Trails, Dunes and Relax in Hot Springs
- Things to Do in Salta and Jujuy, 4, 7 and 10-Day Itinerary
- Things to Do in Salta City: Not to Be Missed
- Things to Do in Tucumán, City and Province
- Visit Talampaya in la Rioja Argentina: Everything You Need to Know
- Visit the Pumice Field in Catamarca and Route 43
- Where to Stay In Jujuy, Recommendations
- Where to Stay in Salta, the Best Recommendations
Leave a Reply