We tell you all the available means of transportation to know how to get from Bariloche airport to the city center, from the cheapest way to the private transfer.
Bariloche is the city that receives the most tourists in Patagonia Argentina. The ski center of Cerro Catedral, the artisan chocolate shops and the infinite amount of lake and mountain scenery around it, make it a perfect place to spend the summer, make excursions and enjoy the snow during the months of July and August.
🔝 Check out this article about things to do in Bariloche. And if you go in summer, we have an article with activities to do in Bariloche in summer.
Bariloche ‘s airport is located 14 kilometers from downtown Bariloche. There are daily flights from Buenos Aires and several weekly frequencies from Cordoba, Mendoza or El Calafate.
To get to the hotel, downtown or the Catedral hill area there are several options, which are detailed below.
How to get from Bariloche airport to downtown by public transportation
The cheapest way to get from Bariloche airport to downtown Bariloche is by bus number 72. The bus parks at the parking lot and makes stops at the bus terminal, the waterfront and downtown.
It has 9 daily frequencies and the schedules are as follows:
- From Bariloche airport to downtown: 7:10, 9, 11, 13:40, 16:05, 18:10, 19:10, 20:40 and 22.
- From downtown to the airport: 6:50, 8:30, 10:30, 10:30, 13:10, 15:40, 17:30, 18:40, 20:10 and 21:15.
Bear in mind that the bus is a normal public transportation bus, it does not have places to put suitcases.
In order to take the bus 72 you must have previously purchased the SUBE card, which works in many places in the country, including Bariloche, and have enough credit to make the trip. The SUBE card, which works in many localities of the country, including Bariloche, and have enough credit to make the trip. There are no SUBE card purchase and recharge points at the airport, so it must be purchased in the city center or in the city of origin of the flight.
📷 Looking for tours in Bariloche? Book here the best excursions in Bariloche.
Private transportation from the airport to the center
There are other options to how to get from Bariloche airport to downtown:
- Remis: the company Autojet provides transportation by private car. The service is provided in the arrivals area of the airport.
- Cabs: Taxi services are available at the airport to reach the hotel or city center. Cabs are located at the main gate of the terminal, on the first floor.
- Bus: minibuses are also available to reach the center.
📷 Book here your private transfer from Bariloche airport to the city center or vice versa.
The price of the transfer increases if you have to go to the Llao Llao or Cerro Catedral area, since the distances are greater with respect to the center of the city. If you choose private transportation, the travel time to the city center is only 20 minutes.
Due to high inflation we do not show prices in Argentine pesos for transportation as they vary constantly every two or three months.
Rent a car in Bariloche
The last option is to rent a car at the Bariloche airport. Having a car allows you to travel freely around the city and make excursions on your own, such as the 7 lakes route or the small circuit.
There are several car rental offices at the airport. It is advisable to book at least three days prior to arrival in the city to ensure availability, especially during the summer months and July and August.
🚗 Search here for the best prices for car rentals in Bariloche.
🏨 Don’t know where to stay in Bariloche? In this article where to stay in Bariloche we give you recommendations of hotels and cabins. Don’t miss it!
Discounts and useful resources to save on your trip
- Cheap flights with Skyscanner
- Rent a car with Auto Europe
- Interrail Pass
- Eurail Pass
- Train Tickets with OMIO
- Bus tickets with OMIO
- Ferry tickets with OMIO
- Asia tickets with 12Go
Activities and Tours
– Comparison of Travel Insurance 2023 –
Others for your trip
For your travel blog
- Hosting with Webempresa
(25% discount with the code “gracias25”)
- Web translation plugin with WPML
More articles about Patagonia Argentina
- 10 Things to Do in Trelew and Surroundings
- 12 Things to Do in Ushuaia, at the End of the World
- 17 Best Places to Visit in Patagonia Argentina (Must-See + Map)
- 7 Things to Do in Bariloche in Summer
- 8 Things to Do in San Martín de Los Andes
- Bariloche in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- Best Beaches in Southern Argentina
- Best Hotels in El Calafate: Where to Stay
- El Calafate in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- El Chaltén in 3 Days, Travel Itinerary
- Guide to the Best Trekkings in El Chaltén
- How to Do the Route of the 7 Lakes in Patagonia Argentina
- How to Get From El Calafate Airport to the City
- How to get from Ushuaia airport to downtown
- Perito Moreno Glacier: How to Get There and Things to Do
- The Best Things to Do in Villa la Angostura
- The Best Tours in Bariloche
- The Best Tours in San Martin de Los Andes
- The Best Tours in Ushuaia: Mountains, Lakes, Sailing and More
- Things to Do in Bariloche: The Best Activities
- Things to Do in El Bolsón in One Day (And Lago Puelo)
- Things to Do in El Calafate, Glaciers and Much More
- Things to Do in Esquel in 2 or 3 Days (And in Trevelin)
- Things to Do in Las Grutas Argentina, Beach and Surroundings
- Things to Do in Puerto Madryn: Sea, Whales and More
- Upsala Glacier Tour and Other Glaciers
- Ushuaia in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- Where to Go on Summer Holidays in Patagonia
- Where to Stay In Bariloche: Cabins and Hotels
- Where to Stay in San Martín de Los Andes
- Where to Stay in Ushuaia, the Best Options
- Where to Stay in Villa la Angostura, the Best Options
Leave a Reply