With these day trips from Valencia you will discover charming inland and seaside villages and incredible landscapes.
If you have already visited all the places to see in Valencia, then it’s time to discover its surroundings, where history and nature are the protagonists. You can stroll through medieval castles, lakes and rice paddies and fishing villages that still preserve their essence.
Although you can do all these routes on your own, we would like to share with you a few recommendations for excursions from Valencia. You’ll love them if you’re short on time and want a specialised guide to tell you every detail in your own language.
📜 TABLE OF CONTENTS
Map – Day trips from Valencia
These are the places we recommend visiting in Valencia surroundings, in a tour or on your own:
1) Visit La Albufera: one of the best day trips from Valencia
The lagoon of La Albufera is a Mediterranean ecosystem surrounded by rice fields and dunes. Protected as a natural park, one of the activities is to take a boat trip to watch birds, walk along the dunes of El Saler overlooking the sea, visit the island of El Palmar and even watch a beautiful sunset with the sun’s rays reflecting on the lake.
- Book here the Albufera Day Trip: by bus.
- Book here the ATV Tour of Albufera and Traditional Boat Trip: 4×4 vehicle, snacks and drinks included.
2) Excursion to St. Joseph’s Caves in Valencia
If you like nature then this day trip from Valencia is a must. The underground caves of San José are in Vall de Uxó and are located in the longest navigable underground river in Europe. By boat and on foot through the cave, you will learn how it was formed and see stalactites and curious formations such as the cathedral. The explanation is given by a specialised guide – not to be missed!
3) Day Trip to Morella & Peñíscola
Would you like to explore two of the most charming towns in the Region of Valencia? This excursion to Morella and Peñíscola will blow your mind. In inland Valencia, Morella stands out for being a beautifully walled town built on a hill and where its ancient Moorish fortress still stands on top. In Peñiscola, what stands out is the castle located on a rock next to the sea and its beautiful historic centre.
4) Visiting Teruel and Albarracín
Although it is not one of the most touristy regions of Spain to visit, it is well worth a trip from Valencia to this unique place. Teruel is known for its Mudejar architecture. The ancient buildings of its old town are in such good condition that they are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. In the end, Teruel ” does exist “. The excursion continues in Albarracín, listed as one of the most beautiful villages in Spain, where you can stroll around the Plaza Mayor, enter the Cathedral and visit the famous house of the Julianeta.
5) Sagunto Day Trip
Sagunto is a beautiful Valencian city where the Romans had a strong presence. Today you can appreciate their legacy in the different monuments that can be visited in the historic centre. Among them are the castle on the top of the hill, the imposing and very well-preserved Roman theatre and the mythical Via Augusta. In addition, you will walk through the narrow streets of the city, discovering photogenic corners. Entrance fees to the museum, castle and theatre are included.
Discounts and useful resources to save on your trip
- Cheap flights with Skyscanner
- Rent a car with Auto Europe
- Interrail Pass
- Eurail Pass
- Train Tickets with OMIO
- Bus tickets with OMIO
- Ferry tickets with OMIO
- Asia tickets with 12Go
Activities and Tours
Others for your trip
For your travel blog
- 10 of the Most Beautiful Villages of Castellón, Spain
- Best 10 Things to Do in Costa Blanca
- Best Campsites in the Valencian Community, and Enjoy Nature!
- Best Things to Do in Alicante in 2 Days (Or More)
- Best Things to Do in Cullera in 1 Day (Besides the Beach)
- Best Things to Do in Denia in 1 Day to Enjoy in Family
- Best Things to Do in Morella in 1 Day
- Best Things to Do in PEñiscola in 1 Day
- Best Things to Do in Valencia in 3 Days (By a Local)
- Best Things to Do in Villajoyosa in 1 Day
- Route Through the Best Towns Near Alicante
- Things to Do in Altea in 1 Day and With Kids
- Things to Do in Calpe With Kids Besides Its Rock
- Things to Do in Gandía and Playa de Gandía, Our Home
- Visit Albufera Natural Park Near Valencia
- Visit Tabarca Island: How to Get There and What to See
- Walking Tours in Valencia, 5 Best Free Guided Visits
- Where to Stay In Valencia: Best Areas and Hotels