The starting point to visit the Perito Moreno Glacier is this city. We tell you the best hotels in El Calafate with options of cabins and cheap places.
El Calafate is one of the cities in the country where the magic of nature imposes and surprises at every step. Located in front of Lake Argentino, it has grown year after year, attracting thousands of national and international tourists thanks to its famous Perito Moreno glacier.
But the city also stands out for other glaciers nearby and accessible by boat on Lake Argentino, such as the Upsala or Spegazzini glacier. There are so many places to visit around El Calafate that it is worth spending at least four or five days there. The activities range from walks through estancias to a visit to the city of El Chaltén, the national trekking capital.
🔝 Check out these recommendations on things to do in El Calafate.
After so much activity during the day, it is necessary to choose a charming, warm and comfortable place to rest. For this reason, we have selected different options of hotels and cabins where to stay in El Calafate. Let’s discover them!
📜 TABLE OF CONTENTS
The best hotels in el Calafate: Low Budget
Like any tourist city in Patagonia, the prices of lodging in El Calafate are not cheap compared to other cities in the country. However, it is possible to find hostels and cheap hotels because the offer is very wide. Our recommendations to avoid overspending are as follows:
The Calafate Hostel is a perfect place to stay in El Calafate if you are traveling alone or on a budget. It has everything, even if you want to stay in double or triple rooms, you have that possibility.
Run by its owners, Manantiales Lodging is one of the economic hotels in El Calafate. A simple and clean place, without luxuries, but overlooking the lake. It has a garden and shared kitchen.
Another excellent hostel is America Del Sur Calafate . It has shared and private rooms at a good price, an unbeatable location and a lounge with large windows and views of the lake and mountains.
If you are looking for a family-run and centrally located inn, then the Patagonia Inn is an excellent option. Excellent attention from the owners and very good breakfast.
🔝 Check out these recommendations on how to get to and things to do at the Perito Moreno Glacier.
The best places to stay in El Calafate: Medium Budget
Both near downtown and in the outskirts of the city, El Calafate’ s inns and hotels offer a great deal of comfort and convenience. Our recommendations for lodging in the best hotels in El Calafate are as follows:
Located on the main avenue and a few blocks from downtown, Sierra Nevada it has a neat decoration and beautiful views if you are traveling as a couple. It also has family rooms.
Ideal if you are going to El Calafate by car. Los Gnomos Inn is a bit far from downtown, but it enjoys a quiet atmosphere and views. Attended by its owners, it has a delicious breakfast with jams and fruits.
Family-run, the Larsen Inn stands out for its impressive views of the lake and the mountains, the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms.
Centrally located and modern inside, the Hotel ACA El Calafate has excellent services such as restaurants, living area with large windows and varied breakfast. Ideal for families and couples.
🔝 Check out these recommendations on how to get to and things to do at the Upsala Glacier.
Charming cabins in El Calafate
Do you want to rest in a typical Patagonian place? So these cabins in El Calafate offer privacy, excellent taste and nice decoration.
Altos del Lago are a complex of cabins that stand out for their views of Lake Argentino, equipped kitchen and modern facilities. It is not very close to the center (only 1.5 km). Recommended for families traveling by car and at their own pace.
Close to the bus station of the city, the cabins are spacious, well equipped and with a small garden in front of the complex. Marias del Sur Cabins The cabins are spacious, well equipped and have a small garden in front of the complex.
Far from downtown, Tierra de Glaciares Aparts Cabins stands out for the personalized attention of its owners, its cleanliness and the recommendations of plans to do in the city and surroundings.
With an alpine style and surrounded by a beautiful garden, the Nevis cabins Nevis Cabins offer a lot of comfort. Spacious and with views, they are close to the center. They also have a barbecue in the garden.
🏨 Do you want to look for other options? Find here the best lodging in El Calafate.
El Calafate hotels luxury
The best hotels in El Calafate provide everything you need to relax after a day full of excursions. There are several luxurious hotels of which we recommend the following:
A four-star accommodation, Esplendor by Wyndham El Calafate offering views of Lago Argentino from its rooms. Its services include a spa, heated pool and sauna. It has buffet breakfast and large windows in the hall to contemplate the views.
Away from the city centre, Eolo Hotel it is located in the middle of the Patagonian landscape with fabulous views of the surroundings. It offers full board with regional dishes. A real luxury if you want to live an authentic experience in Patagonia Argentina.
On the shores of Lake Argentino, Design Suites El Calafate it has all the services to fully relax after walking on the Perito Moreno glacier or hiking during the day. Its indoor pool is one of the best. It also has a sauna, spa and large windows with views.
Buy your travel insurance and travel safe!
🚑 Take a look at these tips for choosing the best travel insurance (updated to 2023 and with juicy discounts) for the type of traveller you are, and they will also help you clear up the most common doubts. Travel safe!
Discounts and useful resources to save on your trip
- Cheap flights with Skyscanner
- Rent a car with Auto Europe
- Interrail Pass
- Eurail Pass
- Train Tickets with OMIO
- Bus tickets with OMIO
- Ferry tickets with OMIO
- Asia tickets with 12Go
Activities and Tours
Others for your trip
For your travel blog
More articles about Patagonia Argentina
- 10 Things to Do in Trelew and Surroundings
- 12 Things to Do in Ushuaia, at the End of the World
- 17 Best Places to Visit in Patagonia Argentina (Must-See + Map)
- 7 Things to Do in Bariloche in Summer
- 8 Things to Do in San Martín de Los Andes
- Bariloche in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- Best Beaches in Southern Argentina
- El Calafate in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- El Chaltén in 3 Days, Travel Itinerary
- Guide to the Best Trekkings in El Chaltén
- How to Do the Route of the 7 Lakes in Patagonia Argentina
- How to Get From Bariloche Airport to the Center of the City
- How to Get From El Calafate Airport to the City
- How to get from Ushuaia airport to downtown
- Perito Moreno Glacier: How to Get There and Things to Do
- The Best Things to Do in Villa la Angostura
- The Best Tours in Bariloche
- The Best Tours in San Martin de Los Andes
- The Best Tours in Ushuaia: Mountains, Lakes, Sailing and More
- Things to Do in Bariloche: The Best Activities
- Things to Do in El Bolsón in One Day (And Lago Puelo)
- Things to Do in El Calafate, Glaciers and Much More
- Things to Do in Esquel in 2 or 3 Days (And in Trevelin)
- Things to Do in Las Grutas Argentina, Beach and Surroundings
- Things to Do in Puerto Madryn: Sea, Whales and More
- Upsala Glacier Tour and Other Glaciers
- Ushuaia in 4 days, the best travel itinerary
- Where to Go on Summer Holidays in Patagonia
- Where to Stay In Bariloche: Cabins and Hotels
- Where to Stay in San Martín de Los Andes
- Where to Stay in Ushuaia, the Best Options
- Where to Stay in Villa la Angostura, the Best Options