If you want to enjoy the sea or the mountains with your family, what could be better than staying at one of these campsites in the Valencian Community to be in close contact with nature.
If you are a nature lover or want a family holiday in places where the air is fresh, and the relaxation is complete, then campsite accommodation is an excellent alternative for your holidays or short breaks.
The Valencian Community has the perfect mix of sea and mountains and is surely a wonderful area for hiking, swimming in the Mediterranean Sea, going to one of the theme parks and water parks scattered throughout the three provinces, and above all, enjoying the natural environment.
This is why we have compiled a list of the best campsites in the Valencian Community that we recommend. We have been living in Gandía for many years now, and we have visited most of the beach and mountain places that the region has to offer with our family. Let’s discover them!
Campsites in the mountains of the Valencian Community
Do you love hiking in the mountains? The Valencian Community has charming inland villages and places to relax. Make the most of it and sleep in one of these campings in the Valencian Community close to the mountains.
- Fonts del Algar campsite is located in the interior of the province of Alicante and close to Altea. They offer sites for tents and motorhomes and, also, bungalows. But you can also live the experience of staying in a charming yurt with your family. It is also next to the famous Fuentes del Algar, waterfalls and pools where you can bathe.
- Camping-Bungalows Altomira is ideal if you want to do some of the mythical hiking routes in the surroundings. Some of them are the Vía Verde or the Ruta de las Fuentes with the waterfall Salto de la Novia as the main protagonist. It is located between the natural parks Calderona and Espadana, surrounded by nature. The bungalows are modern and very comfortable.
- Maestrat Park Camping is the perfect place if you are looking for a campsite near Peñíscola. It has small caravans for rent with terrace included, one or two-bedroom cabins with lots of comfort, children’s playground, outdoor swimming pool and excellent service. The natural environment surrounding the campsite allows you to rest comfortably and be away from the crowds in the centre of Peñiscola.
- Camping Las Palmeras is located in the town of Crevillente, near Elche. The complex’s cabins are modern in style and fully-equipped with air conditioning, TV, bathroom and kitchen. The campsite has an outdoor swimming pool, a restaurant and a supermarket just 50 metres away.
Campsites in the Valencian Community by the beach
For those who like to sunbathe on the sand or swim in the calm waters of the Mediterranean Sea, these campsites in the Valencian Community next to the beach are the perfect place to relax.
- Camping Valencia el Saler has everything you need to stay close to the city of Valencia and in front of El Saler beach. It has fully equipped one and two-bedroom bungalows, sites for campervans, swimming pool and children’s playground. You can also get there from Valencia by bus no. 25.
- Camping Lo Monte, located in Pilar de la Horadada, is just one kilometre from the beach. The bungalows with capacity for four people have bathroom with shower, kitchen, TV and even fibre optics. The communal areas include an outdoor swimming pool, plenty of green space for children to play, spa with heated pool for couples, restaurant and bar.
- Camping El Torres, on the outskirts of the picturesque town of Villajoyosa, has a dream location by the beach. From the bungalows’ terrace, you can look out over the sea. In addition, the complex has children’s playgrounds, a solarium, restaurant and even a small supermarket. If you are looking for nature, it is highly recommended as it is further away from the city.
💯 Take a look at the things to do and see in Villajoyosa.
- Camping Riberamar is in Oropesa del Mar and just five minutes from the beach. It is an ideal campsite in the Valencian Community for families due to its tranquillity and the number of activities you can do inside, as it has a paddle tennis court, outdoor swimming pool, children’s playground and table tennis. The camping has a restaurant, cafeteria, barbecue area and bicycle rental to explore the surroundings.
Best campsites to go with kids
Campsites are undoubtedly one of the favourite places to spend time with the family. Many of the campsites we have already mentioned are good for travelling with kids, as they have playgrounds or swimming pools, but we have also selected 3 more in the Valencian Community that have a plus for them.
- Camping Arena Blanca, on the outskirts of the city of Benidorm, is one of the campsites in Comunidad Valenciana that has the advantage of being very close to great parks to go with kids such as Terra Mitica, a theme park reminiscent of ancient civilizations, and Aqualandia, a water park with slides. The beaches of Benidorm are only three kilometres from the campsite.
- Camping y Bungalows Monmar is in Moncófar, in the province of Castellón, and only five minutes walk from the beach. In addition to the modern bungalows and sites to park your campervan, there is a football pitch, paddle tennis court and a majestic children’s swimming pool with slides for the little ones to have fun. You can eat right there, as there is a restaurant with an economical menu.
- Camping l’Alqueria, in Playa de Gandía, is located one kilometre from the beach and in a very quiet location. Apart from the bungalows and sites, it has many activities for children such as football pitch, ping pong table, arcade machines and other activities with animation. It has the advantage of being located practically next to two supermarkets: Aldi and Family Cash.
💯 Take a look at the things to do and see in Gandía and Playa de Gandía.
Useful information to visit the Valencian Community
Buy your travel insurance and travel safe!
🚑 Take a look at these tips for choosing the best travel insurance (updated to 2023 and with juicy discounts) for the type of traveller you are, and they will also help you clear up the most common doubts. Travel safe!
Discounts and useful resources to save on your trip
- Cheap flights with Skyscanner
- Rent a car with Auto Europe
- Interrail Pass
- Eurail Pass
- Train Tickets with OMIO
- Bus tickets with OMIO
- Ferry tickets with OMIO
- Asia tickets with 12Go
Activities and Tours
Others for your trip
For your travel blog
- 10 of the Most Beautiful Villages of Castellón, Spain
- Algar Waterfalls: How to Get There, Price and Advice
- Alicante With Kids, to Enjoy All Year Long
- Best 10 Things to Do in Costa Blanca
- Best Things to Do in Alicante in 2 Days (Or More)
- Best Things to Do in Cullera in 1 Day (Besides the Beach)
- Best Things to Do in Denia in 1 Day to Enjoy in Family
- Best Things to Do in Morella in 1 Day
- Best Things to Do in PEñiscola in 1 Day
- Best Things to Do in Valencia in 3 Days (By a Local)
- Best Things to Do in Villajoyosa in 1 Day
- Day Trips From Valencia: Best 5 Tours in English
- Essential Guide to Visit the Fallas of Valencia
- Route Through the Best Towns Near Alicante
- The Best Things to Do in Xátiva in One Day: Castle, Hiking and More
- Things to Do in Altea in 1 Day and With Kids
- Things to Do in Anna Valencia in One Day: Lake and Waterfalls
- Things to Do in Bocairent in One Day
- Things to Do in Calpe With Kids Besides Its Rock
- Things to Do in Gandía and Playa de Gandía, Our Home
- Things to Do in Jávea: Old Town, Coves and More
- Visit Albufera Natural Park Near Valencia
- Visit Tabarca Island: How to Get There and What to See
- Walking Tours in Valencia, 5 Best Free Guided Visits
- Where to Stay In Valencia: Best Areas and Hotels